Mar 4, 2011

It's not Warhammer, it's the gnomic model train!

Time for another picture heavy post it seems, but this time it's something I with the lovely lady of the lair have constructed. Yes, what you see above is indeed a detail from that toy train modelling project I've been mentioning for quite some time now, and what follows is a selection of work in progress pictures. It's been incredibly time-consuming, yet equally satisfying mind.

The first version of the final build...
...was hiding those lovely holes, that provide access to the diorama's lighting.
Looking nice already.
It's fully working too. Look at those lovely cables!
And a word of promise: the next -and finally final- post on the gnomic train project will let you see the finished thing and its lovely lights. Oh, and quite a few detailed pics.

Related @ Gnome's Lair:

15 comments:

  1. Pretty!

    It could be a little more complicated, but it's coming up really nice. Waiting for the final countd^H^H^H for the final photoshoot, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should have the final photos posted next week dear Barts. It did come out beautifully, if I may say so myself. You'll see...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow this brings back memories, I had a model railway when I was young that had a rather similar layout. Is that N gauge?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope, it's HO dear Captain. Mind you, the memories were started the whole project...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking epic, especially in the close-up. It's hard to tell in the farther away pictures how much detail there is in those models, even the tiny little people. Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you like it so far dear Ithmeer. More detailed pics of the finished article coming right up. Well, very soon at least! Oh, and even them little people are quite detailed too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice one. I've always wanted to build something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I can only suggest you find some time and give it a shot. It is quite entertaining you know...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Certainly looks that way.

    I can just imagine my Son walking in, and suddenly it's a scene from Godzilla.

    Still entertaining I guess :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. All the same, some Tyranids might spruce it up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Gameolio: Would make a lovely disaster-flic too, I suppose. Then again, kids are great at breaking things.

    @ Pacian: Yeeees, they would be just perfect, but I'm pretty sure our dear lady of the lair wouldn't care much for 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tyranids keep children away. True Story!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmmm... that tip might come in handy. Nephews can be a disaster you see.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice work, Mr Gnome (and Mrs Gnome)! The close-up looks great. I've a friend who is desperate to attempt something similar, but his missus is less accommodating than yours. I look forward to more piccies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for the kind words dear Stickhead. Truth be said it was the good lady's idea to do this. Shocking, but true. Oh, and more piccies should appear this very week my friend!

    ReplyDelete