Jun 6, 2006

Adrian Smith's Art

Adrian Smith's art needs no introduction, it only asks for bandwidth. Thus, this being a post on Adrian Smith's art, it's picture heavy, but words light. In case you'd like to find out more on Mr. Smith, you'd better visit his official website. Or flick through a certain Games Workshop book.

Now, look at the pretty pictures...

Warhammer artwork:


Warhammer 40,000:


Black Library artwork:


Inquisitor artwork:


Sabertooth Games artwork:


Chronopia Artwork:


Related Gnome's Lair articles: HOMM 5 naughty pic, Gnomes in Technicolor, Video game art, the Lucasarts ftp stash



Related Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

8 comments:

  1. Dazzling, I'm in love, the guys haunted or possessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How does he do it?

    Beautiful work *claps*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep. He's my favorite fantasy illustrator. The best in the business...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes indeed, he can do wonders with that graphite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing!

    Is the Inquisitor actually based on a specific one? It reminds me of Inquisitor Heldane from the Eisenhorn trilogy (which, if you haven't done so already, you should defintally read. I count it as the most enjoyable trilogy I've ever had the pleasure of reading).

    I'm not a fan of the actual game but I'm a massive fan of Black Library and have many of the WH40k books. I've never really got into the fantasy side of Warhammer but I've been meaning to check out the books. I may check out this online Warhammer which is supposed to be in production though.

    By the way, just to let you know that I've began blogging again. A new job kinda got in the way of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you're back Tom, and glad you enjoyed the post.

    Oh, and let me advise you to stay on the 40k side of the Black Library novels, as the Fantasy one is rather shite (excepting a few books like Blood Bowl or Skavenslayer)...

    On the other hand, the fantasy game is so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Almost wanted to send you an email on a similiar article I wrote on my blog on Adrian Smith. Luckily I searched first :) He's my favourite WH40K artist too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, he's fantastic really. BTW, so is your blog!

    ReplyDelete