Sep 3, 2007

World Basketball Manager: freeware Eurobasket 2007 edition

An amazing chain of events, that began with me getting drunk somewhere in downtown Athens, finally led to my finding out that the talented indy developers behind World Basketball Manager (a rather impressive and very addictive basketball management strategy game a la Football Manager ) have just released a WMB Eurobasket 2007 freeware version of their game, also available as another patch for the blissful owners of the original. You can download yourselves a copy here and guide the national team of your choice through this year's European finals. Too doom, apparently.

Mind you, proper squads with excellently researched stats & ratings will make sure your lacklustre performance seems realistic, whereas the sleek interface will guarantee a certain lack of managerial skills is brought forth. Oh, and the game is available in English, French, Italian, Spanish, German, Lithuanian and Portuguese. Enjoy.

Related @ Gnome's Lair: 2 LotRO friend codes, Kudos Rock Legend, TOP selection of commercial games gone freeware

19 comments:

  1. Errr... I'd give this one a try but I'm not too sure about how much I care about basketball outside of the NBA... Interesting find nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then again dear Ross, Greece did beat the NBAers of the US team last year in the World Championship semi-final... Better give Euro basket another chance methinks. It's a sport and not a show but way more interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. basketball management... now thats novel... whatever will they think of next....

    ReplyDelete
  4. (dressed in basketball shorts and white sneakers...)

    ...?

    oh dear I've got this horribly wrong....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yippee more free games :)

    Thanks a lot, gnome, although I know nuts about sports management games.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Think I've heard some outrageous rumours on a canoe-manager thingy, but can't be sure. By the way, could you give Seamus a shirt r. Elderly. He's scaring the crowds...

    Well, roys my friend, all you'll ever need is some bball knowledge, which I for one seem to lack. I do know the ball is orange though...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually Gnome there are tons of great basketball players from Europe, many of whom make their way here. I'm just not sure how much I'd like this one as I am mostly unfamiliar with Euro basketball.

    But since it's free I'll take a look at it...

    ReplyDelete
  8. certainly Gnome.. i apologise.. i had no idea he was coming over... (throws large tarpaulin over the Leprechaun...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey!!! who turned the light out?

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wise choice oh Ross!

    Thank you Elderly. How kind of oyou. Come back later, I'll have the pie ready.

    ReplyDelete
  12. (several hours later elderly arrives back for pie) I'm famished..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here's the pie then...

    ReplyDelete
  14. (hands pie back to Gnome...)

    no i couldn't possibly, thank you though very much... (pats belly) got my figure to consider you know...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, come on... There's not that much butter and lard in it...

    ReplyDelete
  16. (grabs pie from Gnome..)

    ok..

    munch!. chew.. munch... lovely.... any milk?

    ReplyDelete
  17. In the pie? Of course not. Milk doesn't mix well with lard, butter, bacon, back-bacon, pork and cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  18. ..cheese?... (spits pie out of mouth...) cheese... im lactose incontinent.. erm intollerant.....

    ?

    ...no incontinent... I'll just get a mop.. sorry bout this....

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh dear never knew.... Uhm, what else are you allergic too? Just curious really...

    ReplyDelete