Jan 21, 2007

The Batari BASIC

Batari BASIC, a BASIC programming language named after its beloved creator's nickname, is the only way for a modern young person to program on the quite classic and rather well-known Atari 2600. Thus, the batari BASIC, is a fully working freeware compiler for creating Atari 2600 games on a modern (or not so modern) PC. Get it here, and while getting it, do have a look at some sample code, documentation files and other useful freebies.

Related @ Gnome's Lair: NES dancing, Chip's Challenge, the history of the FPS


Related Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

14 comments:

  1. Interesting... thanks for bringing this up, Gnome. I'll have a look as I dont have much to do right now anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a programming language and a compiler, your spoiling us again....

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is no programming language basic enough or me to understand. I hate programming with a passion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't even know how to programme my video and thats the shocking truth...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, progamers or not, cheers for the comments and for ...uhm... you know... It's nice having people around the place. Even laymen... Hmmm... Yes...

    Tea?

    ReplyDelete
  6. (serves tea)

    Everybody now!

    (everybody puts their hands up)

    ReplyDelete
  7. (gets aches in arm, holds arm up with other arm....)

    whose bloody idea was this?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think Seamus'... He thought you'd enjoy all the hand-waving...

    ReplyDelete
  9. ..that little pest....! wait till i get my hands on him..... i've pulled a ligament...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sure he's feeling very sorry right now...

    :)

    (so am I)

    ReplyDelete
  11. (as the feeling comes back into his arm.. elderlies temper subsides....)

    i've been under some pressure lately, sorry for that outburst..it's like im not myself of late.....

    here i'll make us a nice cup of tea....

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's ok. No need to. I'll fix it for both of us. Some for the leprechaun too? Oh, one or two pills.. uhm.. sugars?

    ReplyDelete
  13. (rubbing head......) leprechaun? oh yes the leprechaun.... two sugars please gnome

    (thinks to himself... leprechauns... why leprechauns.....)

    ReplyDelete